Saturday, April 14, 2012

Good Clean Fun with CBV Bath and Body



       Hello CBV addicts and soon to be :) I'm so excited to show off my new soap haul because Melissa's outdoing herself it seems like each time I order. I tend to want to try almost everything as soon as she makes it so I watch her Facebook page like a hawk. Also, big news! Check out the new CBV Addicts Unite page on FB. I can't tell you how much I love being able to conveniently pop on and chat to some of my fave people about some of my absolute fave stuff :) Check it out! Lots of great giveaways but most of all tons of great smelling fun people. Ok, so on to the soaps...I'm going to try a new way of reviewing these, so I will include a grading system to help with my conclusion. Grading will be based on my thoughts after having actually used the soaps. Let me know what you all think!

Kiwi Kicker-This is a strongly scented, clear type soap. It's fruity, clean and a bit tart. I'm thinking I smell some glycerin type scent in the background but I'm not sure.  That weird scent went away when wet. I guess soap needs curing time too! I've never tried this in candle form but I like it so I'm adding this one to my scent shot list for sure! This soap, along with most of the ones I have here today, are almost too pretty to use! This one is a fluorescent green with glittered shavings on top.

Scent Strength-5
Staying power-5
Lather-3
Looks-5
Moisture-4
Clean rinse-5











Sophie Belle-a fave CBV scent and a lot of people get a grape note from it as do I. It's a floral/fruit mix with a soft musk and it reminds me of that Stetson cologne, although it's not a men's type of scent really. I'm torn on this one, not a fave scent in wax form either, although it's not bad at all. Here's the breakdown:

Scent Strength-4
Staying power-3
Lather-3
Looks-4
Moisture-5
Clean rinse-4











White Ginger-I'm not sure what white ginger is supposed to smell like but this is one pretty scent! Love it! Quickly becoming a fave and I can see why! Very nice, clean scent with a soft sweetness to it! This is the scent of Awapuhi, the Hawaiian white Ginger. I also believe this is a Calgon dupe but don't remember smelling that one, although this scent is familiar to me. Nice lather and scent lingered surprisingly long albeit a softer smelling soap. And I just love the creamy yellow "frosting" layer!

Scent Strength-4
Staying power-5
Lather-5
Looks-4
Moisture-5
Clean rinse-5








Champagne Pomegranate-smells identical to the scent shot, so if you love it in candle form, you will love this soap. Smells fruity and sweet, just like candy with some lime fizziness. This soap is too much fun and really pretty! Super strong scent although it fades quicker and very nice lather!

Scent Strength-5
Staying power-4
Lather-5
Looks-5
Moisture-4
Clean rinse-5











White Nectarine and Pink Coral-gorgeous nectarine scent! This is juicy, sweet but clean. Love it! Super strong scent again. This one might need to sit for a bit too though, I'm getting a bit of a weird note when wet. Lathers up beautifully!

Scent Strength-5
Staying power-4
Lather-5
Looks-4
Moisture-5
Clean rinse-5








Bottoms Up-this scent screams summer vacation to me! Perfect mix of coconut and pineapple. Not to mention it's super cute with little "coconut" shavings and even a little pineapple wedge. This lathered up nice and the tropical scent lingered on and on. Perfect! Take this one on vacation with you!

Scent Strength-5
Staying power-5
Lather-5
Looks-5
Moisture-5
Clean rinse-5











Sweet Pea-I'm partial to this scent anyway, I just love a good Sweep Pea scent and there's a certain way it has to smell for me to like it. This one is incredible! It's fresh, it's floral and it's a clean pretty scent, perfect in a soap. If this scent was stronger, this soap would totally shoot up to my number one! Love it!!!!

Scent Strength-3
Staying power-3
Lather-5
Looks-4
Moisture-5
Clean rinse-4










Eternity for Men-I didn't get this for myself but I can see myself liking it. It's a dupe for Eternity for men so obviously not a girly scent by any means but it's not overly musky and it's quite fresh and clean smelling. It's not as strong as I'd like and it doesn't linger on as much as others but it does lather up beautifully and rinses of great which is a bonus for my clean boys :)

Scent Strength-3
Staying power-4
Lather-5
Looks-5
Moisture-5
Clean rinse-5












Caramelized Pralines (sample)-Here's proof that Melissa cares about her customers and really listens to what people have to say. This sample, while thoughtful to anyone, could not have been more perfect than for me. I have mentioned before that while I adore bakery scents in candles, in fact they are my absolute fave type of scents, I can't imagine being able to take a shower with a soap that smells like bakery stuff. Sure fruity scents are edible but something about rubbing a cupcake all over myself to get clean, doesn't sit well with me. I know I'm not the only one out there but there are also people that love smelling like this and would even love Melissa's Caramelized Pralines perfume (which will be available soon on her website). That is until now! I'm addicted to this smell! It's so incredibly realistic, rich and delicious smelling that I can see myself getting over my skepticism. For now, to start things off slow, I'm putting it by my kitchen sink (like someone :) on the CBV Addicts Unite page suggested). My conclusion?? Don't judge a book by its covers, don't diss it till you try it, listen to your friends and be open minded!!!

Scent Strength-4
Staying power-2 (good thing too, otherwise my pups would eat me!)
Lather-5
Looks-4
Moisture-5
Clean rinse-5








     Thank you everyone for reading my little review, had as much fun looking at the pics as I had taking then and I hope some of these soaps make it to your shower, or kitchen sink ;) Please let me know how you like the numbered rating. I leave you in the presence of one of my faves, and a must have for everyone, (previously reviewed) Sexy in Stilettos. Isn't it gorgeous?! Happy Bubbles!

2 comments:

  1. Love your review ! I just got mine today also and I am in love with Sophie Bell and Bottoms up ! I will have to give white ginger a try ! I have never tried it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, White Ginger is a must! Thank you :)

      Delete