Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Sudsy Valentines Day with CBV Soaps by Mellisa

Hello everyone! Feeling dirty?? Get ready to feel a little cleaner!
      I'm excited to show you a few new soaps from Soaps by Mellisa. A little (BIG) update on her: she will be making soaps full time now as she quit her regular job and is now self employed. Sounds like she has an awesome boss :) She's been cranking out new soaps and repeats redone, a little faster now and you can also tell how much better she's getting from batch to batch. Not only that but her attention to detail is amazing!
Here we go:

Forbidden Fantasy-$5.50
     My second fave soap scent behind Rock that Vanilla. I just love this one!!! I haven't smelled the candle or anything so the scent is completely new to me. It is a VS dupe and I'm sure I've seen it before but I don't remember it. Just gorgeous scent! It's floral, a bit fruity, sexy and playful and just a tad perfumey. I can't wait to try it out. The colors in this bar are just beautiful!



Best Friends with whipped cream-$6.50
     I do have a candle in this scent so I knew I would love it but I do even more than I thought. It smells like creamy berries. Sweet and yummy but also very pretty. This one is topped with this glittery "frosting" that looks good enough to eat. I had to hold back a few times :) The whipped cream can be used as shaving cream as well. Genius!!!



Blueberry Cheesecake Soap-$5.00
     I don't particularly love the candle in this scent by CBV but the soap smells nice. Reminds me of when I was little. Sure enough my little girls loved it so much! My whole bathroom smelled like delicious tart blueberries and the glitter on top was such a nice touch, especially to my girly girls. Soaps by Melissa soaps are made with the finest ingredients so they are safe for dirty little people that might have more sensitive skin. The girls got out of the tub smelling of blueberries and I half expected them to turn blue like Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Unfortunately this soap didn't make it for its photo shoot before it was tested, so I don't have a pic of it in its full glory but I took a pic of it afterwards anyway. Notice the cute new label??



Love Shack Valentines Day soap-$5.50
     This soap is just gorgeous! A heart shaped cupcake, frosted, glittered, with a "candy" heart on top and dipped in chocolate! The scent is a mix of Love Spell (VS dupe) and Pink Sugar, and they smell amazing together. I get a lot of fruitiness from this one and it's a very pretty scent. Perfect for that Valentines Day pre-date shower to get you in a romantic mood. That's if you can bring yourself to actually use this beauty!







     Hope you enjoyed a brief glimpse into what Soaps by Melissa is all about. I know I feel cleaner just by sniffing these. Which one are you dying to try? And hurry, these are limited edition and while she will make new batches, it's not guaranteed you will see the same soap again once it sells out! Check out Melissa's soaps here! 
Happy Bubbles!

2 comments:

  1. As always, I love your beautiful photos and your detailed descriptions, Ioana!

    ReplyDelete