Sunday, February 12, 2012

Much Ado About Bubbles-a CBV Soaps by Melissa comparison review



     Have you ever noticed how some soaps lather up very well and super quick while others take a long time and you're rewarded with little more than shiny hands? Does that bug you? Well, it should!!! It's those soap bubbles that help water do its work of cleaning your skin. See, what happens is soap molecules surround germs and helps water flush them away. When we wash our hands, all kinds of yucky stuff such as dead skin, viruses, bacteria and fungus are surrounded by the soap and then get carried away by fast moving water. When this grime adheres to the soap's fatty acids, it becomes encapsulated in drops of water, which makes it easy to just rinse it off. Washing our hands is the single most important thing we can do to fight off infection, and no special anti-bacterial soaps are needed. Plus, I never feel quite clean unless I was able to cover myself in bubbles and then rinse them away to a squeaky gleam.
     So are all soaps created equal? I've tried a couple of popular brands out there and thought it would be interesting to compare them to Soaps by Melissa, because I did notice a big difference in some. Along the way, I will include pics and you can even judge for yourselves and see what I mean.


First off I have 2 slices from Fortune Cookie Soaps:
Vivid and Strawberry                                                             After 5 seconds washing






Next, 2 bars from Lush Cosmetics:
Sultana and Honey I Washed the Kids                         After 5 sec washing







Last but not least, Soaps by Melissa:
Forbidden Fantasy and Rock that Vanilla             After 5 sec washing


                




                    



And just for fun, Soaps by Melissa's Best Friends Whipped Topping:




    Here are some of my conclusions from this little experiment: Fortune Cookie Soaps foamed up really hard, after some vigorous washing, and even after all that the bubbles just weren't enough for me. I'm not sure if it's because the soap is clear or what but I find these soaps very hard to wash with. They do smell good enough, almost like cocktails but if they don't foam up, it's hard to get the scent out.
     Lush soaps along with Soaps by Melissa are pretty similar when it comes to bubbles. Both types do a very good job. You can see the big, foamy bubbles in the pics above. The truth is, I enjoyed Melissa's version of Honey I Washed the Kids, Bath time with Pooh a lot more. It was just better smelling. Same thing goes for the rest of her soaps. While they foam up the same, I tend to enjoy all the different scents Melissa has to offer. I can also use my matching scented candle after using the soap and pretty soon there will be matching perfume :) Last but not least I've included a pic of the whipped topping in the Best Friends scent. You can see just what I meant in my previous post about this lather. It's smooth, small bubbles and creamy, just like you would expect a shaving cream to be. It's also quite moisturizing.
     So, what do you all think? Do you prefer lots of bubbles like me?  Can you tell the difference in bubbles from these pics? Isn't the consistency of the whipped topping incredible? It seems to hold a lot of the scent too!

Happy Bubbles!

 


5 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I hate soaps that take a long time to bubble up. They tend to leave you with that sticky feeling if you can't get a nice, bubbly lather.

    I'm so excited to get my soaps from Melissa! And I'm really excited to place another order after her perfumes become available! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, and thansk for posting this! It was really helpful! I love seeing comparison posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! It was fun doing! I'm very annoyed with the FCS because they really are impossible to lather. Enjoy your new soaps! Can't wait for the perfume either!

      Delete
  3. thx for the comparisons. as always, great reviews and photos!!! way to go in making me want to order more. sigh. it takes a lot of self control to not order more cbv and soaps. one of my personal faves is rock that vanilla....mmmmmm, smells so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Nancy :) Rock That Vanilla is awesome!

      Delete