Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Round of Shots-Candles By Victoria Review



     There are about 52 new scent shots in this review, only a couple of weeks old, so some might need more curing. All the descriptions are just cold sniff so far. I have quite a few faves so far in this lot and I'm bound to have more once they cure longer. Can't wait to warm these!!! Here we go:

Buttery Gingerbread-I smell lots of ginger, brown sugar and some butter. Not super buttery yet, I'm expecting more will come out after some curing, but so far this is sweet and yummy! Love this already!

Nutty Candied Apple-fruity sweet apple scent. I picture a pretty pink apple. The scent is clean and sparkly but I get no nuttiness in it yet.

Chocolate Chip Cookie-sweet dough, very little chocolate and doesn't smell very yummy yet. More curing needed!

Blueberry Cheesecake-sour blueberries, I guess the sourness could be the cheesecake. This reminds me of sour blueberry candy.

Log Cabin-Yummy sweet bakery, brown sugar and maple. This one is very good and buttery! You can smell the real maple syrup dripping down pancakes. Super yummy!

Peppermint Bark-Very good chocolate and sweet peppermint, rich and yummy. The chocolate in this one is very realistic smelling and delicious. Best chocolate I've tried so far.

Chai Tea-Comforting scent. I get some light cinnamon, this is sweet but not a bakery one, very pretty too. I think there's something floral in there too but I can't be sure. Doesn't really smell like tea to me.

Happy-Dupe for Clinique Happy perfume, this is floral and fresh, very pretty. Smells very similar to the perfume but it's not very strong yet.

Whispering Winds-minty fresh, nice scent but it's clean and minty kind of like toothpaste.

Tomahawk Memories-woodsy and musky. I smell some pine trees in there. It's a bit sweet, a bit floral, grassy and citrusy. Love it!

Who's That Lady-I smell berries, this is sweet and perfumey, floral and fresh, a bit musky. Very nice scent.

Tonka Truck-musky, smoky manly type smell with some spice to it maybe nutmeg...not sure. Description lists bergamot, apple wood and tonka bean, along with patchouli, cedarwood and oakmoss. Sure enough there is also allspice in there as well so not nutmeg but I was close.

Black Velvet-floral and powdery, pretty and a bit musky. This is similar to Blackberry Amber but not as bitter smelling to me. This is smooth and rich as well.

Frankincense and Myrrh-not sure what these are supposed to smell like really but it's a nice familiar scent but hard to describe.

French Quarter-musky rich floral with some fruity sweetness, must be the apricot in there. This is really nice, earthy and perfumey.

Piney Forest-sharp pine scent with some bitterness to it. I thought I would like this but so far I think I'll stick with Sugared Spruce. Maybe it will be better once it cures some.

Snow Drift Berries-berry fruity, minty sweet. The 2 scents seem separated though, maybe needs more curing. It doesn't work well yet but I'm thinking it's got potential and I really want to like this one.

Cookies for Santa-cinnamon and sugar. I also get an apple cinnamon butter note but no real cookie scent. I heard this one is good so maybe it will get there.

Star of Bethlehem-there's a Christmas tree scent with some citrus, cinnamon and clove. I get creaminess and spiciness. Very nice Christmas scent. I also get a slight minty undernote.

Christmas Memories-very similar to Old Fashioned Christmas to me, and even Christmas Cabernet. I get a grapey sweetness with some tree scent. This one's not a fave.

Snowberry-very similar to Snow Drift Berries. Same sweet berry fruitiness, also minty sweet. Maybe they will cure to be different.

Three Wise Men-Love this one! It's earthy and musky. I get amber and sandalwood along with some fruityness. This has frankincense and myrrh in it as well as patchouli.

Let it Snow-Christmas tree scent, minty and wintery fresh. I also get a sweet vanilla undernote. Description includes eucalyptus so that's probably where I get the tree scent.

White Christmas-Another tree scent, this is creamy with an edgy pine scent along with some vanilla. Very nice! Not sure where I get all that from, because this is supposed to be just white florals and Christmas tree.

Mermaid Kiss-This is fruity, grassy, green fresh with some floral notes. Nice bathroom scent.

Soothe-Fresh, relaxing and invigorating laundry type scent with some floral maybe lavender...not sure. It has eucalyptus, patchouli, lemon and basil.

Herbal Mist-green and herbal smell, soapy green, fresh and pretty. Needs some curing but so far it's better than the other herbal one I tried.

Gain Island Fresh-really good laundry scent. A very good dupe for the detergent. Very strong and clean smelling. Love it!

White Nectarine and Pink Coral-really good nectarine scent, this is very pretty and sweet. Love it! I see this becoming a fave. The color of this one is really pretty too, here it is:


Bikini Bottoms-honey citrus tropical type scent. I think I get some pineapple in here too. No pineapple in the description though, but a lot of fruit scents in here along with sandalwood, jasmine, lily, vanilla and musk.

Party in my Cabana-this one is very nice but hard for me to describe, it's a complex floral to me and powdery fresh. I like it!

Palm Island-clean and pretty, fruity sweet along with a soapy smell. Actually this reminds me of a soap I used to use as a kid and it was made by Fa (European brand). Brings back memories. I loved using that soap, it was a special treat. It also has a gorgeous blue color, here's a pic!


Carnation-this is just OK to me, carnation scent along with musk. I thought this would smell pretty but I don't think it's cured enough yet.

Catchin' Fireflies-this one is awesome!!! Clean and pretty, powdery fresh. Love it! Reminds me of Dove soap with an orange note to it.

Unwind-I smell eucalyptus, lavender, rosemary oil. Very relaxing and nice. Reminds me exactly of my massage place. Love that scent. Not just straight lavender and much nicer.

Breath of Ireland-very clean and green scent, but pretty flowery as well. Love this one! I almost smell bubble gum in here. Very strong too.

Cleopatra's Closet-musky sweet floral, needs  more curing so more notes come out.

Apples & Oranges-this is a very nice even combo of fresh apple and orange. Smells juicy and yummy. I smell the apple and orange equally strong.

Citrus Spice-very good fall scent, I smell spices over a bitter orange. I also get a strong cider scent from this one as well as some pumpkin notes.

Enchanted Apple-BBW dupe, this is dead on. Very familiar scent, I remember smelling this from BBW a long time ago and I remember it. Great candy apple type scent. Really pretty! This will be a fave!

Pomegranate & Cider-Green fresh notes in cider with juicy pomegranate. Another wonderful fall scent.

Bite Me-one of the only ones I've warmed so far. Cold I get some really juicy red berries and cherries. It's yummy and sweet, a little tartness and maybe some vanilla creaminess.

Georgia Peach-really peachy and authentic, smells just like a ripe peach. I like this one! It's not too tart and not too sweet, just perfect.

Monster Mash-I smell apple cider in here along with some spices and musk. Great fall scent!

Witch's Brew-fruity bubble gum scent. Love it!!! Some slight spiciness too.

Geisha-soapy clean, fruity and floral notes, very pretty scent. I get some lemon in here too.

Peace-love this one! This will be a fave for sure and I've already warmed it. Hard to describe and complex to me, probably because it's so well blended and everything goes so well together. I think I get some honey and it's a bit perfumey. This is a must try scent and a fave on the Pouring Pot Message Board.

Gorilla's in the Mist-soapy, piney, minty or maybe it's eucalyptus. Also a green freshness to it. I picture a rainforest when I smell this. But it's not a fave scent yet.

Emperor's Love-I smell grape or plum musky scent in this one, it's a very interesting scent. Might need some curing because it's kind of hard to describe right now.

Snow Storm-another great one! I get vanilla, mint, and a floral powderiness, very pretty!

Snuggle Up-green fresh grass notes, floral and also very similar to a laundry freshener type scent.


So, this is it!!! That is a lot of scent shots in one order! Can't wait to see how they will cure because in the past, my scent shots got 100% better after a month or so, if I can wait that long before I finish them. A lot of them are great already but they only get better with age, kind of like a fine wine. Remember to check out my previous posts about Candles by Victoria, which will contain more info about the company and how to order.

Hope you all enjoyed our round of shots ;) and that you find some faves (I've highlighted mine here).
Cheers!
IAT

No comments:

Post a Comment